SRS help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rb26dett, Nov 5, 2006.

1. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

I have a hard time expressing my emotions. I have a hard time talking to people about my problems. I just can't seem to put it into words and say it. I don't know. Maybe I don't like to feel vulnerable to someone else, but I feel like I'm going to explode. When I do get to saying or writing down some of the shit thats been on my chest, I always get the feeling like, its not serious enough to waste my time or others time on it.

See, this post took me about 30 minutes to write.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well your in luck ,you can express your emotions freely in here since this is a emotional hide-out. Congratulations on not making your heart a murder hole for the first time.

I know it can be hard, especially because it needs trust to put your emotions and life into someone elses hands. Even harder when it has been violated in the past. As you can see you need to be like a castle gate, opening yourself(emotionally) only to good people/things/events, and close it to bad people/things/events. And it can be difficult to distinguish those people who have good intentions with you , and those who'd walse over you and leave you as an emotional wreckage.

Anyway as a moderator i garentee you this will be a safe haven for your emotions and by all means do use it as a place to vent, and talk. Take all the time to spit it out what you want to say, and also in a way that you feel comfortable with. Its not a sign of weakness, rather a sign of courages and progress that you have made it in here.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

I find that writing notes help the most.

If you know of someone you want to talk to about things but you don't know how, write a note. Not a letter (Letters are addressed to someone, a note is just something that you jotting down). Fold this note up, put it in an envelope, and give it to the pereson you want to talk to. Let them read what's going on with you, and have them understand what you are feeling. That way, you are almost directly talking to them, but you don't have to say anything.

If you would like, you can be more specific here, and we can try to help you. I know that all of us here are here to help with whatever troubles you may be going through. Trust me, no matter how hard of a conflict you are going through now, someone, somewhere else, has probably gone through something exactly, or similar to what you have.

You're not alone in this world.

4. Martinj

Martinj New Member

Recall what you might read, might be read differently by others, just practice saying these things to a teddy bear, honeslty. Do also maybe go to a shrink to talk, or counselor, they wont tell anyone and they will help you to talk your feelings.

PS(edit:add)
    This is a good step you have taken, as you normally can't talk about your feelings and being able to admit that and bring it up is the biggest hurdle. From now, practice will make it work out.

5. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

Well you didn't give us much to go on, but, have you in the past expressed yourself to people in your life, only to have them blow off your emotions, or deem them unimportant? It seems you are cheating yourself, you arn't allowing other people to hear your thoughts, concerns, dissapointment, whatever, you might be surprised to find that someone cares to hear them.