HELP WITH ZUNE SYNC! new laptop

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by j828, Aug 9, 2008.

1. j828

j828 New Member

Hey guys I just got a laptop and I can't seem to figure out how to sync my songs to my laptop, reverse sync so I have my library back. I can't burn to CDs or anything since I'm using the Zune Pass with DRM-subscription tracks. Can anyone gimme some help?

Thanks guys

2. sapient

sapient New Member

You can just install the zune software on your new laptop, register it as one of your primary computers, BUT it will delete all the content on your zune and you will have to go to settings > account > subscription, and there will be a button for "restore all" which will re-download everything onto your laptop and resynch it to your zune.

Or there is an easier way: add your laptop as a guest computer, this way it won't delete any content on your zune. Then in the software, go to your device's page, go to music, click on any song in the song list, hit control-a for select all, and then drag all the songs onto the brown computer image at the bottom left, which will say drag items from device to collection. Voila.

Personally, I think I'd use the guest option, but I'm not sure if there's any drawback to doing it this way. I've actually done neither of these personally.