Help With WinMX, Kazaa !!!!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ATrain16P, Aug 31, 2003.

1. ATrain16P

ATrain16P Guest

I've been back at college for a week now. All of last week I was using WinMX to download mp3's and video files. It was working just fine, getting great rates. This past Monday, I started having trouble logging on to WinMX, which rarely ever happens to me. Once I finally got connected, I tried to perform a search, it took about 10 min to give me results back. So I started downloading some songs. I always go for the connections with Cable, DSL, T1 or T3 with 5 of 6 available always in the green, never the qued ones in the red. The screen would show " Waiting For Incoming Connection" Then Connecting To Remote User which pretty much means that the download is just about to start, then all of a sudden, the file name turns red. I press Find Sources and it still stays red. So then I downloaded Kazaa Lite, same thing happens. It connects and searches, then when I want to download a song or video it shows " Connecting " then it says Waiting For More Sources and will never connect. Does anyone here know what is going on with my stuff? Could it have something to do with my college firewalling me or something i could configure on my computer to get the downloads to work. I just don't know how it can go from working like a charm last week to not doing anything this week. Thanks !

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

I'm thinking the school has blocked those services...

3. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

Probably. We did it to our students. :hs:

4. ATrain16P

ATrain16P Guest

I was just talking with a girl who lives on the other side of campus and she just downloaded imesh and she told me that has been working for her. I downloaded it, and I could not connect, maybe it's just my building ? I have no idea ?

5. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

If you're using it for legit purposes, go talk to your computer department and find out whats up.