help with windows xp content viewer

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wufei, Mar 12, 2005.

1. wufei

wufei New Member

(don't think this is against the rules to ask, the computer i'm using is mine and it's in the house i live in. people hitting puberty around here though, so main adult in charge has found a way to limit content access, anyway here goes)

right, so after downloading this windows service pack. i'm not sure if it allows other people to view and edit the type of content i'm allowed to access (i'm behind a router and we have 4 to 6 computers hooked up to the network at once, so the person who has admin rights i'm guessing found a way to change what i'm allowed to view) yeah, cause now if i type in explicity words such as fuck or sex into google it won't even load. tried to read through all that F1 stuff and checked the service pack update info. not sure if it's related but i think it was around that time that i was not able to search for pron on the internet anymore :wtc: help.

2. wufei

wufei New Member

bump

3. Burns45678

Burns45678 New Member

kick whoevers ass who blocked that stuff thers your answer right there

4. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

not much info to go on, but here goes..

If your admin is using a transparent proxy on the router, you're basically screwed unless you can find a proxy on the net to pipe your browsing through. If it supports some kind of https redirect, all the better because that will definately befuddle the filtering software on the proxy. It will be slow, but you'll get unfettered access. Another option would be to compromise the router itself, but I will leave that up to your imagination :p.

It would be helpful if you could find out some specifics of your setup such as what software is being used to filter your connection, the os it is running on, other hardware etc.. For starters, check your IE connection (internet options->connections->lan settings) settings and see if they're set to use a proxy. If they are, turn it off and see if you can still browse..if you can and what I said above about the transparent proxy is not true, then you should be golden.