Help with Tv, flickers out randomly while using ps3

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by trek65, Jun 11, 2009.

1. trek65

trek65 New Member

I have a fairly new (december 2008) Samsung Series 6 650 (52" LCD)
    -connected to a sony dav-hdx275 surround sound system (Optical connection)
    -connected to a 5 disk sony dvd player (came with the surround system) (Hdmi)
    -connected to a sony ps3 (hdmi)
    -connected to a verizon cable box (hdmi)

I have looked on various samsung forums for an answer to my possibly simple fix I need to do. Here is what happens

Whenever I play my ps3 my tv screen randomly blinks off for about 3-5 seconds while it restarts. When this occurs my speakers make a turning off crackle type sound.. but then it continues to work.. doesnt happen at linear intervals, it happens sporadically.

The tv does not do this when I watch tv or play music on the surround sound, only when the ps3 is connected. My first thought was that it could have been the ps3 over heating (the shelf it was being held in was kindve cramped) so i moved it out. Still, the same problem. I am guessing it is the TV, but I have absolutely no clue. If anyone needs pictures please let me know

Random note: I called samsung and told them the problem and they said that I probably shouldnt be using video games on it, but the user manual says its okay and so does a few of the FAQs on their website.

2. avctechsupp

avctechsupp New Member

1) Your PS3 connects ONLY to your TV, correct?

2) The audio from your PS3 travels thru the HDMI cable to the TV, and then from the TV to your surround system, correct? (i.e. the PS3 is ONLY connected to the TV, and it is NOT connected to the surround system, correct?)

**Possible causes/solutions:

-TV is set to some sort of "Auto." tuning mode. Perhaps it's automatically switching resolutions (e.g. 720p, 1080i, etc.) Check the manual

-Bad HDMI cable. Try another. Better yet, swap the PS3 and Verizon box cable's. See if the problem stays with the PS3, or if it follows the HDMI cable.

-HDCP issues with PS3. Google around and see if anyone else has that problem.

-Other. Another solution would be to connect the PS3 to your surround system via an optical or coax. cable. Maybe that'll prevent the audio from 'crackling'.

3. trek65

trek65 New Member

okay i will try tomorow, thanks for your help