TAT help with tat

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by èpic, Jul 20, 2006.

1. èpic

èpic aka modernlife

hey all if after a tat like this one, bit smaller so that it is jsut on my back and not ass. i like alot besides the fact i cant really follow were its going. i know that its not finished but still.

does anyone have pics simaler to this. i serched heeps on the net but nothing similar.

ta ben

also how much do you think something like that would cost?

2. èpic

èpic aka modernlife

http://img.rapidsharing.com/img/guest/dragon2copy.jpg

there is link to pic

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

Large backpieces like that will run you up a pretty big tab, but if you're going for something that big money shouldn't be an option. If you research your artists and pick a reputable one, for big projects you're looking at more like $170+/hr for work, and a big thing like that could take quite a few long sessions of sitting.

4. èpic

èpic aka modernlife

im in australia, QLD and i found onegood artist. bit pricy but could get it done bit by bit i guess. i wouldnt mind somethihng bit smaller, cant really find any more pics like that is all.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

You're not going to find pics like that because it was probably a custom drawn tattoo for that specific customer. Go into the shop and have the artist draw something up for you.

6. èpic

èpic aka modernlife

ahh okay i will have to do that then, i just dont want to wast there time it it turns out to be something i dont like or too expensive.

7. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

Talk to the artist up front about estimated cost. And whatever you do, don't go to someone just because they are cheaper! You usually get what you pay for.

8. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

fucking :werd:

usually if you give them a down payment they don't have a problem drawing something up

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You should never settle for anything less than exactly what you want when it comes to tattoos.

10. èpic

èpic aka modernlife

^^^ true that i dont want to have something on my body for eva that i dont like. thats for hekp im gona go dow to the tattoo shop on monday and have a yan with em

11. joy division

joy division New Member

:hsugh: very few people are 170+ an hour for work, and most guys cut you breaks on larger pieces.

12. èpic

èpic aka modernlife

yer 170 is expensive for me, very expensive lol

13. MILF

MILF New Member

my back is deffinately not that elaborate but I paid almost 100/hour (that includes tips) My artist had 15 years experiance so I would have paid more but he is the owner of 6 shops so he was happy to do the tat he said he's been really busy and hadn't had time to do many lately.

I went in and had him draw it two days before, he didn't ask for a deposit but he knew exactly how long it was gonna take almost to the minute and knew how much it would be just from my verbal explination of the tat.

14. Memor

Memor Active Member

i was just saying - something like the pic he put up, as AB said, is probably a freehand deal, and a well done one at that. high end places for that sort of stuff aren't cheap and can run that high (sometimes higher too). was giving him the difficult scenario just in case, and to make sure that he talks price and logistics before he walks into a big project like that. didn't mean to scare anyone :)

15. aznxplayer

aznxplayer dying in a fire

its also good to know people who have gotten work done by the artist. i paid 80 an hour on mine ran 12 hrs. ended up paying 1000 with tip included cause he took off an hour of charge on each session. good luck findin a good place.

16. joy division

joy division New Member

I've gone to some of the best artists in the country. There are a dozen (if that) people who run 200 and higher...basically no one is between 150 and 200, it just jumps by fiddies. Unless you are a dick its very rare for you to be charged exactly by th hour. I'll reach past 40 hours of needle time in the next month and I certainly haven't been charged 40 hours of work, I've had 3 different artists.

Needless to say, if you want an awesome tattoo $170 an hour...$80 an hour...$300 an hour...nothing should matter.