Help with Powerpoints over multiple TVs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mutilus, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

In my office, we have 10 flat panel TV's. When we have presentations for clients we still use a projector. However, I would like to broadcast the powerpoints over the TVs and put up a 11th 52 inch TV so we can view presentations all over.

Anyone, know what I am looking for to make this happen? Right now we run cable TV into one box and then split the signal off from there. So I assume I need some way to convert the VGA signal to coaxial and then have some form of switch to change from cable TV to the presentations...

Any help is appreciated. Our IT guys aren't sure how to accomplish all of this.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

How sold are you in keeping the wiring to the TVs coaxial? The reason being is that the resolution from that signal is going to be crap.

3. Fase

Fase Your Face, In A Pickle Jar.

What inputs/outputs does this 'box' have? It doesn't take VGA? DVI? HDMI? S-Video? Component?

4. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Yeah, the coax will look horrible! Even composite video would be an improvement.

5. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

I was trying to keep our expenses down on this, however should I pursue a different cable box from Time Warner? If I do, what should I look for in the way of an input? The current box has no inputs, it is a baseline box. I will take a picture and upload it later.