Help with post shoulder surgery routine

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ChutUps, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChutUps

ChutUps New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    I had surgery on my left shoulder about a month ago and I just started to go back to the gym. I decided on a 4 day upper body, lower body split. I have a little problem though that maybe some of you guys can help me with, I'm kind of limited in the excercises I can do since I still can't use left arm since i have to keep it in a sling. So far I've come up with this excercises for my lower body days leg press, unilateral leg press, leg extensions, and I was thinking of adding the one hand deadlift I saw here

what do you guys think?

I've been reading that the body acts symetrically and if I workout even my one side it will stimulate the other side. I was hoping if this was the case it might minimize the atrophy that is going to occur from my arm being inactive. So I've been useing various machines for bench press and shoulder press but i've just been useing my one arm. For my triceps I've been tricep press. Do you guys know of any other excercises I may be able to add to my routine that might be beneficial? Thanks in advance
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.