Help with my pc's boot-up

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZeKs, Dec 25, 2003.

1. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

Sometimes when I first turn on my pc, it goes through the first screen, then the second, but after that it does nothing, my screen goes black. It wont load my OS (windows xp). But other times, my computer will boot-up just perfectly, after the second screen, it starts to load windows xp. This is very annoying, because when I need to do a restart after installing software or anything that needs restarting, I only hope it boots-up the first time.:rant2: This is the only problem I see with my system. My system has NEVER hang while using it. I've had my system up for more than 10 days, running without a problem. I am guessing the problem is just in the boot-up

Anyone have the slightest idea what it could be?

System:
    Asus P4S800
    Pentium 4 2.4C GHz FSB 800 MHz
    Memory: 256 PC2100 (oem) Dont remember manufacturer, got it from newegg.com long time ago.

The problem might be similar to this. http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/techref/fsb800/index.aspx

The only thing is that my MB isnt a P4PE chipset. And my motherboard is compatible with HTT. I think the memory im suing right now might not be compatiable with my system :dunno: If anyone can help. TIA

My MB
    http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4S800&langs=09

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

I used to have a similar problem - for me it turned out to be a bad stick of RAM

3. BBB

BBB OT Supporter

yep had the same problem it was a bad stick.

4. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

sweet then...last night i ordered a Kingston 512mb PC3200...ASUS approved so I hope it turns out great.

I did some research I read since im running my P4 @ 800MHz FSB, I should be using a PC3200 stick in there, so I went with that. :bigthumb:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2003
  5. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

Thanks a lot.