Help with my car audio?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NScowgirl, Nov 26, 2004.

1. NScowgirl

NScowgirl New Member

Hi!

Okay, so first, let me apologize for how simple I'm sure some of these questions are going to seem to all of you.. but.. I really need some assistance! :)

I bought a little honda civic (88) about 4 months ago.. it was a decent pioneer deck in it and 4 koss speakers... it sounds pretty good, and certainly does the trick for now anyways... So about a month ago one of my drunk friends proceeded to turn the volume up to an obscene level while I ran into the store... the next time i turned the stereo on my rear right speaker was blown to crap..

So .. Questions!

I assume you can't fix a blown speaker??
    Do I have to buy a whole new set, or can I just purchase one?
    Does the new speaker also have to be a koss or will anything do the trick?

Any help you could give would be great!

Thanks all

2. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

You gotta get new speakers. Repairing speakers isn't worth it...I don't know if its possible. For the most part speakers for cars come in pairs since most people need both. You might be able to buy just one, but chances of finding the same speaker are slim. Just pick up a set of Pioneer speakers or something from Best Buy if you don't want to spend alot of money. You can get a set for cheap there. You can use any brand also.

3. GSteg

GSteg Member

hi

wow. my sister has the same car too. lol.

what u do is shoot ur friend. jk :big grin:

and we got answers

of course you can fix a blown speaker. are you a speaker engineer? :big grin:. They can be repaired, but for the cost, it is much better to get new ones than to repair it. If they are under warranty, you might be lucky enough that they take it back and give u a new one, providing they oversee the user abuse part.

most speakers are sold in pairs, unless it is specifically advertised as one. Where did u buy it at?

if one side is Koss and the other is say..rockwood, then you're going to have problem. You want to keep the speakers (Left and right side) the same. It's ok to have different front and backs, but don't have different speakers in 3 or so different locations. lol

4. NScowgirl

NScowgirl New Member

It's a fun little car and seems to run half decent for what I can afford right now:cool:

Thanks for all your help!

I'm such a noob when it comes to car audio.... maybe I'll get it someday !