WEB Help with Mehdi's Bridge

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rocky85, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Rocky85

Rocky85 New Member

I am attempting to bridge Joomla! and Phpbb3 forum to integrate on the same page for my forum on my site. I was following the instructions on mehdiplugins site.

On step 3, I believe I messed up by importing the com_phpbb15.zip file on my server instead of the Joomla! back end. My site then crashed. This is the message I am receiving:

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

I host on godaddy, btw. I went and did a restore for my Joomla! server to hours before I started to mess around with it. As of now, it is still not working. Any help? I am still a noob when it comes to this. I am very thankful I found this forum.

Also, anyone ever use the Mehdi's Bridge? If so, are there any video tutorials or anything else that would help.

Thank you in advance!

2. Rocky85

Rocky85 New Member

Oh I forgot to add that I previously used Jfusion to integrate the users from my Joomla! homepage to my phobb3 forum page. Everything has worked fine with that. I just came across the Mehdi's Bridge and really liked how I can put the phpbb3 forum inside the Joomla! page. To use Mehdi's should I completely uninstall Jfusion?

Thanks again.

3. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

check your config file and make sure it wasnt overwritten, deleting your databas connection details.

4. Rocky85

Rocky85 New Member

what should my config file look like for my joomla database? I'm a noob..

5. Rocky85

Rocky85 New Member

Nevermind. I am retarded. I changed my password but never updated it on my config file.

Anyways...

Anyone ever use Mehdi's Bridge?

6. wayno

wayno New Member

If you're looking for alternatives, I'm using RokBridge on a GoDaddy-hosted church web site. Running for a year without a hitch.