Help with making a routine for a girl

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by n99nyrwg, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n99nyrwg

n99nyrwg New Member

I know a girl can use Christopher's routine (what I use), but I already tried that. Using all free weights doesn't work for this person because they are just too new to working out. They don't have fun doing it and they are scared of it. So I figured starting them off with machines would be a lot better. She feels comfortable with machines and has a good enough time doing it.

So now I need help making a routine. The machines available are pretty much all the machines Nautilus makes, it's a pretty nice gym.

Right now I just have 2 different workouts cycled 3 times a week:

Workout 1:
    Squat machine
    Leg extensions
    Leg Curls
    Hip flexor
    Pull-up assist
    Calf raise

Workout 2:
    squat machine
    bench machine
    row machine
    lat push up
    lat pull down
    fly's

*All exercises are done the traditional 3 sets of 10-15 reps.

She does not need to lose any major weight, but of course just like anyone else she could lose some. She just has some extra weight around her mid-section that she'd like to get rid of. Definitely not more than between 5-10lbs.

I also know watching diet is important and I have her doing that, just not as intensive as we'd like. She doesn't want to use fitday as that's too much of a hassle. I know you have to be dedicated to lose/gain weight, but most people aren't as dedicated as us.

So far she has stuck to the routine and she is eating 'healthy.' But she doesn't count calories and the routine is something someone with no knowledge randomly came up with (me). So please help me out.

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Stick her on chris' routine and teach her the proper form. She only has to move the weight up when she's comfortable.

3. Coconut Endo

Coconut Endo OT Supporter

Werdna posted a great beginning routine for a girl a few years back, can't find it right now though. :sad2:

christophers's routine is also great.

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

make dat bitch free squat!!! she will thank you for the ass that appears if ya do.

5. n99nyrwg

n99nyrwg New Member

I told you I already tried Christopher's routine and free weights. It is not possible to go that route. If I make her do taht stuff it will last a few weeks tops and then she will stop working out because she doesn't like it. I have to gradually work her into it. She's never used weight machines before I got her on them, so to just throw her into free weights is too much for her to handle.

So, back to my originaly question, anybody want to modify my current routine for her that does not involve christopher's routine.

6. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Machines are not prerequisites to freeweights.

7. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

8. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

the above article

9. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

lack of unilateral exercises is a serious flaw in a lot of people's programs IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.