Help with Internet Problems Plsplskthx

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Brood_Star, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Brood_Star

Brood_Star New Member

Okay, my dad's a dumbfuck. We got into an arguement and he unplugged the computer by plug and unhooked everything and shit while I was out of the house. So I come back, and everythings fucked up. I plug the computer back in and everything's in the original places (I think), and it work's perfectly, until I boot it up

Now I have the "Local Area Connection" icon in my lower right taskbar thing. Status is "Limited or No Connection". Firefox and IE both open up as "ERROR/UNAVAILABLE".

What happens is, as soon as I log on, it'll all boot up. Local Area Connection will appear and will say "Acquiring Network Something" (Doesn't happen anymore) and after a while will say "Status: Limited or No Connection" and my internet just wont work throughout the whole thing.

Can anyone help me?

~Thanks in Advance
    -Brood_Star

PS Any payback? I'm a vengeance type of person. All he uses is Outlook and Skype and Yahoo Messenger, so I just moved the exe files into a hidden folder. Also got rid of the anti-spyware and virus removal since everyone in my house can't stop fucking clicking on ads (which is why I have my own computer). Also got rid of firefox on this computer *=)*

Sorry if this should be in off topic or whatnot

2. Arsenal4rs

Arsenal4rs BEES!!! MUTHERFUCKIN BEES!!!

If you have your own computer, I would simply go in and unseat the RAM, unplug the HD, but leave them sitting gently in htere so it looks like htey are plugged in. Theres plenty of other things you can do depending on how invasive you really want to get.

Might get a better response in the computer forum though. maybe see if you can get this moved?

as far as your problem, Im going to assume you have high speed. I would check and make sure the Cat-5 is plugged in the proper order, Cat-5 from the computer is plugged into he proper slot on the router, and the cable/dsl modem is turned on (alot of them have on/off buttons.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I don't know if you have cable/dsl or any router for what that matters , but here's my idea.

When you suddenly plug out all of the stuff like your dad did, the connection can get lost (duh) but, the software will try to 'find' stuff like its programmed to do.

Shut down your computer , plug out the (assuming you have (cable/adsl)modem + router) internet connections + the connections to your ISP. Also pull out the power from these items.

first.

plug the internet connection back in from your internet provider in the modem. Turn on the power and check the modem to see if it gives a (status ok/green) light kind of signal.

Then plug the main internet connection from your modem to your router on, and turn on the power for the router , again to see if it gives a (status ok/green) light kind of signal.

Then start up your computer, and if you have windows xp it should automatically search for the internet connection. The sequence i describe sounds rediculous, but my advice is to get things back on-line, one by one which you can take or leave.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Although this isn't the place to start an emotional discussion, as an asylum moderator i do want to have a word about the stressfull relationship you have with your dad.

Ok, imagine yourself a wheel of hatred. If everytime you in a response to his rage ,respond with doing something hatefull back. You are basically only giving another spin to that 'wheel of hatred' , you have to 'jump' out of that vicious cycle , and stand above the stupid behaviour of your dad. Don't lower yourself to his level, and start putting love and light into eachothers lives instead of darkness and hatred. I bet it has been a loooong time since you and your dad did anything nice to eachother. Stop contributing into making eachothers lives miserable.

That includes your vengefull thinking. "but he started it" , its how a child would react, things won't become any better if you are pouring more darkness and hatred into the situation. Your whole family life is poisoned.

Read this near death experience, and you will see how you have contributed into everybody's misery. http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/93.html

5. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

Your computer is set up to automatically get an IP address from a server somewhere.

This isn't happening - your computer is maing a request, but it isn't getting a response.

Check both ends of your network cable are plugged in, and also check that whatever you use for connection to the internet is plugged in

6. The Infamous

The Infamous New Member

Let me take a generalized guess, you're a white kid living in the 'suburbs' in a middle class family?
    Learn some respect kid.

7. Brood_Star

Brood_Star New Member

Yes, but he's done shit like this constantly. He's always yelling at me, and really I can't stand him. He barely does anything to help me. He unplugged the computer while I had my 1500 word essay, and guess what I have to redo now? He doesn't even care if I fail right now

I also found out he deleted some type of internet access thing, so it turns out its not just the hardware

EDIT: Okay, he just said "sorry" and tried to fix it, and he just got rid of the network connection

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  8. Brood_Star

Brood_Star New Member

Exact message:

Goes from "Acquiring Network Adress"

Then it goes to "The connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. For more information, click this message."

Upon doing so, it goes to "Status: Limited or no Connectivity" and then shows me how many packets I've sent, and recieved 0 packets.

Also, my IP adress has changed to APIPA (169.254.x.x)

I've verified all the cables are in the right place, ran some registry tweaks and patches, switched cables (and they work with this computer - the one I'm on) so I'm sure it's something wrong with that computer

9. Brood_Star

Brood_Star New Member

Setting an IP Adress changes the connection to "Connected", but still no internet access

Apparently my computer won't let "DHCP" stuff to go to my comp, assigning me an APIPA thingy. Any fixes?