Help with In-Dash MP3 Players please (Loudsystem?)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scoob_13, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

I've been considering getting an in-dash mp3 player for my car (stock speakers, etc., I just like the music, if I want to listen to it at a quality level that is above good I'd listen to it in my living room) and would like to know which of these 3 are better, or if you have better solutions.

I would prefer to get either the Jenson MP3510 or the Sony CDX-MP450X since I can get $30 off at Best Buy with a gift certificate, but seeing as they want considerably more money than the link below, I'd just buy it there and find someone to install it (car electronics + me = bad)

I've looked up what rms, thd, etc mean, however I don't know which are trade offs, thus I'm asking "Out of these, which would be best for an okay sounding system that will still be good in 2 or 3 years"

Link to radio stats

2. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Go for the Sony, it's a quality product, and much better than Jensen. I associate Jensen with Wal-Mart and Kmart. However, their products are much better than they used to be, but i stil would never touch them. So go for the sony, in the long run it will be worth it, and it looks much better. You might want to take a look at the Aiwa and Kenwood also.

3. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

well it sucks you have to buy it at best buy.. id go for the jvcsh99.. does your discount thing expire?? if not hold on to it for a few more weeks.. all of the new decks are coming out.. as far as the sony recomendation.. ive seen more sonys break than jensens soo :(

4. Guest

Guest Guest

the sony mp3 player i saw at a competior's store was not even funtioning in the display, we had to use one of my disk in a regular deck to test the sub i bought. we droped sony a while back because their quality was really starting to get awful.

5. MyBigNut

MyBigNut www.trymynuts.com

get the jensen.. bahaha

6. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I agree with Loud Sony decks to often just seem to fall apart. Ure best bet is to go with the JVCSH99!

7. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

i have the sony one, and i don't really like it too much. it takes forever to read the mp3 cd's. when i got it it was the only mp3 player available though, thats why i got it.

8. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Well, I took a look at the JVCSH99's and they're quite expensive, and the one thing I couldn't find out is how the software for making the cd's are, and how it reads it.

A friend said that his Jensen could read 8 directories and that was the only way to sort the music, I'd prefer to not have more than 2 or 3 cd's in my car (the whole idea for my wanting it is to not have to deal with a cd player and switching out discs, added weight of a changer, etc.).

Anyhow, thanks for the advice, I'll go with the JVC when I can find a really good deal on one.

9. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

the sony can hold as many dir's as needed....

10. Balzak

Balzak New Member

you guys live in houston right? I know a place where you can get the jvc SH-99 for $265 flat.