Help with Home Theater Setup

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by fullcollapsetx, May 30, 2008.

1. fullcollapsetx

fullcollapsetx Can you help me make this, make this fucking end?

Ok So far I am upgrading my Sony HTIB with a passive sub. I've added some Polk Audio R150's bookshelf and a Polk audio Cs1 Center Channel. I am thinking of purchasing a Polk Audio PSW10 Powered Subwoofer but I heard that this sub has the two plug outputs instead of one like most subs. I am also wondering how I am gonna plug the subwoofer to my HTIB receiver because my current passive sub uses speaker wire and clips in to the back of my receiver. Any suggestions? If it won't work I am considering purchasing a 7.1 Harman Kardon receiver refurb off Ebay. I want to purchase some 14 guage wiring for my setup but I dont know of its to thick to be plugged into the back of my receiver because they are all the pushdown style plugins. THANKS!:bowdown:

2. knell

knell New Member

I don't know what outputs your receiver has (because I don't know what receiver you have), but here's two options.

1) if your receiver has a dedicated sub out
    [​IMG]

2) if it does not
    [​IMG]

3. fullcollapsetx

fullcollapsetx Can you help me make this, make this fucking end?

thx that helps!

4. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

If you are starting to get into purchasing new speakers for your HTIB I think its time that you purchase a new receiver. It will probably sound better and allow for more inputs and outputs such as your sub out.