Help with Glasses

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by dhs, Aug 12, 2007.

1. dhs

dhs New Member

I recently moved to a place that is much sunnier than where I lived. I wear prescription glasses all the time and am looking to get a new pair of frames that has sunglasses that can attach to them. I really will be wearing them the most when I drive.

As for style, I currently wear an Oakley frame in a pewter color. I prefer metal frames in a darker metal color (pewter, titanium, tungsten). I currently wear a squared frame with rounded corners. I have worn rounder and oval frames in the past.

Can anyone give me some good brands to look at or even some specific frames as well??? Thanks.

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

you know that most oakleys can be fitted with perscription lenses right?

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

:werd:

or you can look into transition glasses that change from regular lenses to sunglasses based on the exposed light to the lens; if you're doing normal day to day stuff

4. dhs

dhs New Member

I am not looking for permenant sunglasses. I need something I can wear all the time but that can be sunglasses when I need them to be. In the furutre I may have my current Oakley frames fitted with prescription tinted lenses but not right now.

I knew about the transition lenses but I need to make sure they will not stay dark in brighter lights. I work in retail and the lights in our store tend to be really bright. A friend of mine has transitions and when he would wear them to work they would stay dark. I can't take that chance.

Thank you both for your replies....

5. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

go to ur current optician and ask? :dunno:

thats what ive done for the past years before I decided to not have glasses no more....having real sunglasses is a blast, plus shopping for them was awesome

bought 3 pairs 2 days ago....couldn't resist :o