TAT Help with fleshing out tattoo idea

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by s34s0ns, Feb 9, 2006.

1. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

Ok, to start off i have had this idea/image in my mind for years and i think i'm close to ready to take the final plunge into starting my tattoo. This will be my first, but i'm planning on getting a sleeve and shoulder done at least eventually. What I want to get is a landscape that travels up my arm and through to the shoulder, it will be hard because it's going to have to be skinny and verticle which is opposite of how most landscapes are done. Ok, details It will be an "eerie" scene starting at the cuff will be a wrought iron fence and behind it will be a grave yard scene with hills in the background leading to sky, then clouds and around the shoulder have clouds and a moon. My family is huge but very very close and each death is a crush to everyone and very important to me, so for each close family member that has died or dies i will add a gravestone in their honor... the style of it i want it to be kind of like this but obviously not the same picture i mean for style/color and time period:

[​IMG]

but still not sure if i want all black or if any color, it will have the dark blue feeling of this picture.
    Looking for suggestions/advice, this is what i want to get really badly but i'm worried it could be hard to pull off and look right.

Also, I'm in San Jose, Ca. any suggestions on tattoo parlors that are good around here or S.F. would be much appreciated.

And either befor or after i'm planning on getting the sicilian symbol of trinacria:

[​IMG]

some version of this, that is where my family is from and i still have others back there and my greatest pleasure is going back to visit..

Thanks for reading this and any help or comments will be greatly appreaciated!

I need to figure out how to draw what i am picturing, i can't draw for shit : /

EDIT: also what is the deal with muscle/weight gain and it's effect on tattoos you have in those places?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  2. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

Sorry to bump, but I really want to get moving on this : )

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

First will look really good in dark colors like that. should be no problem for a good artist to do. Don't worry about drawing it. Take your ideas into an artist and get them to draw it for you. It's part of their job.

You'd have to make a pretty drastic change in your body size to affect your tattoo. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

4. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

ok thanks abunch!