Help with enabling a TV display

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 3l_Chupacabra, Sep 21, 2007.

1. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

So, I'm trying to get an extended desktop going, or even a clone, or ANYTHING, to display on the TV I have connected to my ATI Radeon x1650. I'm running Vista and have been using ATI Tray Tools.

I recently got it to work in the sense that I can go into display properties and select extend desktop and the channel that the computer projects to goes black and any sound I have playing does come out the TV, but I can't seem to get the display working. It's an older TV but worked fine with my old video card.

I've tried setting it to every resolution and color setting possible with no luck. Anyone know what I may be missing or what setting I could change to get it to work?

2. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

anybody? I guess the help here isn't what it used to be.

3. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

I take it you're connecting via the 'S-Video' output. I can't tell from the images, but is that a proprietary connector that you need to use a dongle which then connects to your TV?

When you cold boot and have all the connections in monitor/TV does anything come up on your TV at all, also are you sure you're TV is set to the correct AV channel?

4. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

Yeah connecting from the s-video output into an RF adapter and then into the coax input on my TV. All tested to work fine using other devices.

When I'm booting nothing at all shows up on the TV.

At one point I did get the TV activated as the main display and my desktop actually showed up on it, but I haven't been able to do it again or get any display when I just do extend desktop.