Help with display issues on Mac Pro

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jacen2141, May 3, 2008.

1. Jacen2141

Jacen2141 New Member

A friend is having an issue with a new Mac Pro and his newer Samsung LCD TV. He got the base Mac Pro and is using the DVI-VGA adapter on his new set http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8454825&type=product&id=1183767793513 and is claiming that when he first turns on the computer, it will boot up and display the apple logo and then goes blank. :hs: Is he missing anything? I plan to look at it this weekend but otherwise have no idea what could be wrong. I suggested he go with VGA over HDMI at first but didn't figure he would have any issues and now this is happening. I hope the details aren't too overwhelming but I will know more on Sunday - just thought I would ask around to see if you guys knew of anything to check right off the bat. :noes:

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

make sure its plugged into video output 1 (if his video card has two outputs).

3. Jacen2141

Jacen2141 New Member

Will do...He has the ATI 2600 XT with dual DVI. I believe he said he tried both ports but we'll see. :noes:

4. Jacen2141

Jacen2141 New Member

We got it fixed. I ended up having to use an old monitor so that Leopard would recognize the display and then I was able to detect the Samsung and go from there.