Help with Dell Wireless!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by drinks11, Apr 10, 2004.

1. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

I just got a new Dell Latitude D600 and I was gonna hook up a wireless network in the house, but I cannot figure out if the card that came in the computer (Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card) is an "a", "b", or "g" wireless card. Does anyone have a new Dell and know what it is? Thanks
    :bowdown:

2. MattIROC

MattIROC has a semi nice av. changed due to rules :(

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=430-0485&c=us&l=en&cs=19&category_id=4011&page=external

Notebook users are more mobile than ever before and need for connectivity is the key to being productive. The Dell™ TrueMobile™ 1300 WLAN Mini PCI Card offers the latest in wireless technology supporting the new IEEE 802.11g draft specification. This card delivers maximum channel speed of up to 54 Mbps while maintaining interoperability within the 2.4 GHz band with full backward compatibility to 802.11b networks. The TrueMobile™ 1300 WLAN card satisfies the bandwidth needs of users efficiently, globally and economically. This product has been tested and validated on Dell™ systems to ensure it will work with your computer and is compatible with Dell™ Latitude™ D600 / D800 notebooks. It is supported by Dell™ Technical Support when used with a Dell system.

Manufacturer Part# N0165
    Dell Part# 430-0485

So you can either use a 802.11b, or 802.11g depending on what router you have.

3. aznboi320

aznboi320 OT Supporter

4. MattIROC

MattIROC has a semi nice av. changed due to rules :(

yes I would recommend the Netgear router. I have a 802.11b one (Model # MR814) and it works flawlessly. :bigthumb:

The only differences in the B and G would be the speeds over your network. The internet speeds wont change, but if you can grab a G, go for it.