help with color

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by infinite loop, Jan 27, 2009.

1. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

my fiancee and i recently bought new furniture and flooring for my place, but we're having a bitch of a time finding appropriate wall coloring to go along with it all. the furniture consists of: a white leather sectional, a white ottoman, and two light blue chairs, and a low profile coffee table. our flooring is very dark brown/espresso laminate.

here's the sectional, ours will be in white leather. and here are the chairs (ours are in light blue leather)

and finally, here's our coffee table

we like very simple, clean looking stuff. we thought gray would be a good color for our walls, but it doesn't have any life. we tried light blue, but it looks like a baby's nursery. i'd like to try a dark brown, but my fiancee says no because it may be too much with the dark brown floors.

we're pretty much at an impasse. i'm hoping i can get some suggestions from this board to help guide us in teh right direction.

tia :hs:

2. fatass

fatass New Member

try getting a magazine to help you get a sense of what's available out there

3. pokpok

pokpok New Member

paul p av :bowdown:

4. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

magazines and books all show dark flooring and white walls (which is what i've been wanting since we visited cabo last summer - we both loved the simplicity of rich/dark wood and crisp white) unfortunately, the gf is resistant to white because it's too boring :mad:

5. Dhan

Dhan OT Supporter