Help with car AMP...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ydflinkin, Oct 6, 2003.

1. ydflinkin

ydflinkin Guest

Hey whats up guys.. i've been taking a gander around here and it seems like everyones questions on this fourm get answered pretty quickly and smartly (if thats a word)...

Anyhow..

I'm going to be purchasing some new speakers for my car..

Front Door - Infinity Kappa 62.5i (2 way speaker) - $149.99 pair

Above Back Seats - Infinity Kappa 572.5cf - $149.95 pair

Subs - Infinity Kappa Perfect12 VQ - $699.98 (I'm getting 2)

Well... My main question is what should I use to power these.. lol.. one amp.. two amps.. three amps.. just keep it reasonable? lol...

price isn't TOO much of a factor.. im just courious on what i would need.

(and no, im not rich..)

Any other comments about the speakers i've chosen above I welcome.. I got about a week to decide completely.

2. 04

04 Guest

Well if you want to save money, I would skip buying the rear speakers. Some people like them though, so it really depends on you though.

Then I would buy a 4 channel amplifier using the front 2 channels to power your speakers, and bridge the rear two channels for the subwoofer.

Something like this would work well: http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/us_acoustics.html The USX4065

3. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

4. CraneCamsOU

CraneCamsOU OT Supporter

I definately agree with the above posts. Rear fill is over rated for cars, imho.

For amp choices, you should probably get a dedicated class d amp for the perfects. Something like a JBL BP 600.1 will work very well. If money is really tight you can skimp on an amp for your front speakers, but it is a good idea to give them adequate power. US Accoustics will perform flawlessly. Check out a USX2050 or USX2080.

Also, it sounds like you are going for an all infinity speaker setup. I'm not trying to insult you or degrade your choices, but not one company has a corner on the market for subs, co-axials, componant sets, decks or amps. You may want to do a little more shopping. But hey, if you listened to this setup and liked it, then that is all that matters.

Good luck with your stereo.

Chris.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  5. ydflinkin

ydflinkin Guest

thank you all for your opinions. it's helped me recheck my decisions over and over checking details on everything. i just wanna make sure i'll be getting as much quality i can for the buck..

-ty again.

6. tozimnback42

tozimnback42 Guest