Help with burning a DVD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GreekPower, Jul 5, 2006.

1. GreekPower

GreekPower New Member

Hi guys, I'm a real noob when it comes to burning a dvd. First let me start out the dvd was decrypted and shrunk. But now I have the audio ts files and video ts files. Problem is that I somehow made this work the other day but now I dunno how I did it. So how can I burn this dvd so that it works like the normal dvd does with menu's ect?

A helpful step by step will be great.

Thanks guys!

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

This thread is probably gonna get locked since you're discussing illegal topics here...

With that being said, there are plenty of other sites that will help you out such as dvdrhelp.com and forums.afterdawn.com

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

4. AJP

AJP 7-1 LOL Green Gay OT Supporter

why not just tell him he can burn them with nero

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

methinks it's time to start recommending bans of the people PROMOTING illegal activity in this forum.

6. AJP

AJP 7-1 LOL Green Gay OT Supporter

:squint: it is debate weather it is illegal to backup your legally owned videos. Show me one law that says I can't copy a movie I own.

7. GreekPower

GreekPower New Member

This is what I am doing because I have lent my dvd's out before and have come back and skipped ect. So I want to back them up and then lend those out so I can save my dvd's

8. JaJae

JaJae New Member

Software that decrypts DVDs is illegal. And anything that goes around security measures is not allowed on this site... aka backing up commercial DVDs.

9. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

Not in Canada bitches! This thread is perfectly legal in here, as long as he has possesion of the original at the time of the copy and is kept for private use only.

10. JaJae

JaJae New Member

That's wonderful. But this site is hosted in the USA and the site owner is a US citizen who doesn't want any legal problems because he's condoning people to get around security measures on his site. Therefore out of respect to the site owner who is allowing us all to post here and have this forum, we should not violate his rules since he's the one who has to pay a lawyer when some jackass company decides to make problems.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  11. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

There's a LOT more to it, but that is the basic law that says you can NOT defeat the encryption of a DVD w/o express permission to do so. Backing up a DVD that is encrypted is not possible. All current backup tools require that the encryption be (illegally) cracked before the backup is possible. It is this (illegal) cracking of encryption that is the violation.

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

although you retain ownership of the intellectual property contained in your post, the actually digital bits are contained in a US server, and are subject to US law. The LLC that operates Off Topic will hold ultimate responsibility for the presence of anything on their servers.

And irregardless of any law, Off Topic has various rules and regulations governing use of this forum, and the allowed and prohibited nature of discussions that may take place; discussions involving breaking U.S. law are prohibited. Thus far, C&P mods have been extremely lax at recommended bans of any violations of this area. However, this is becoming an increasingly more prevalant problem, and perhaps bans need to start occuring. It used to be that the point could be made that it was not legal, which was taken as reasonable expression that such discussion was not appropriate in this forum, and the poster refrained, and the matter was done. However, now people are becoming increasing agressive and quoting ficticious "statutes" and making unreasonable claims as to what their rights "should" be. They aren't, so get over it.