help with bad internet ping

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pumpkyn, Mar 30, 2010.

1. pumpkyn

pumpkyn Active Member

On my desktop when I'm connected to the regular internet the internet is extremely horrible and I cant post on OT says something about an admin white list. So I speed test it and it pings around 350 and download is 6.5m and up is 1.2 m.

So I use UltraSurf and the internet works fine. tested at 65 ping and same download. All other computers on the network work perfectly fine, even the 360. Its only my desktop without ultrasurf.

I've changed the com port and ive reset the ip address. What else can I do?

btw no viruses per Avast earlier today.

Now I've installed a wireless card and the same problem is happening on the 2 internets I have in the house. But only on my computer and once I use ultra surf it's fine.

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

wat?

Not much you can do about latency to remote servers, that has to do with network conditions outside of your LAN and is completely beyond your control.

3. pumpkyn

pumpkyn Active Member

i changed ports thru device manager but that wouldnt change a thing after i read into it.

But this problem is only isolated to the desktop. Ive even connected my laptop to the cat5 cable the desktop is connected to and the laptop works fine. its only my desktop

4. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Hmm... do you have DMZ or any QOS settings available in your router? You could try setting your computer to have priority over the others, see if that helps.

Have you tried swapping NIC's with one of the other computers?

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

What the heck is ultrasurf?

6. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Check the speed your NIC is running out. If this is an older computer it may be using 10mb/s instead of say 100 or 1000.

7. pumpkyn

pumpkyn Active Member

tried other network cards and still fail. the speed was 100mb. But today i reformatted and installed again. Internet works perfect but now my product key is blocked. when i had no problems with the key ever.

8. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Ultrasurf is a proxy program.

Better just format your system now.

9. pumpkyn

pumpkyn Active Member

i formatted it and it works, but now my Windows 7 product key is not working.