help with asymmetry!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mperor, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mperor

Mperor Banned

Recently I've been notcing an imbalance in the muscle definition on my right side compared to my left side. When I flex, left always looks just slightly bigger and just slightly more defined then the right.

When I am at the gym I always struggle not to have my left overcompensate for my right. On dumbbells my right always fails first (obviously I stop at that #)

Here's what concerns me most. I have always favored my left side. I have a crooked smile, my right eyelid droops a bit more then my left. My friends say that I drop right shoulder a bit in my posture. But all of this is hardly noticable unless you look for it.

That said, what do you guys think I need to do at the gym to stay balanced? Should I start doing more reps on my weak side? Has anybody else struggled with this, or even favored one side in every day life?

I don't think this is worth seeing a neurologist over, I was just wondering if any of you had some similar experiences or advice. :bigthumb:

2. gosideways

gosideways sr20omg

it's probably a bigger problem in your head than it is in real life

one of my friends swears that his left shoulder is much smaller than his right. maybe he's right, but i've never really noticed. same with me, my left side is dominant and my right side is a little smaller overall. the point i'm making is that while YOU may notice it, 99% of the population won't, and it's not gonna be a problem unless you're up on stage competing. so don't worry about it too much.

edit: actually one thing i thought of is if you deadlift, make sure you alternate your grip between sets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.