MMA Help with Anaconda choke?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sylva, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Sylva

Sylva New Member

I'll try and explain this as best I can, seeing as how I know it's somewhat difficult to try and explain technique over the net.

I feel like my Anaconda choke isn't that tight and that almost everytime I use it I have to walk my self around pretty far to get the choke. Like it's not set up that tight to begin with. I think I'm not running my arm close enough to their throat when I put it through and possible not getting the trapped arm in close enough when I do the move.

It's the like whole thing is too loose. Do I just need to run the arm tighter under their neck and pull the trapped arm in close first and then try to have make sure that the arm I'm grabbing the bicep on is pulled very close in tight, more towards the shoulder instead of of lat area. Basically I think I just need to tighten the whole thing up. Sound correct?

PS. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

:mamoru:

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

you need to get a really nice grip on your bicep and feel like its comfortable.. not like you have to flex to keep it locked. your other hand should walk up his back.

yes you need to cross his trapped arm. yes you need to walk your hand closer to his shoulder.

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

make sure you get your hand as far up his back as possible(close to your head and the top of his shoulder) and that his shoulder is under his chin. that can be tricky sometimes if they are keeping their chin down.

4. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Ok, thats some of what I had thought. Thanks for the help guys.

5. DKKD

DKKD New Member

anaconda is easy for me, its the brabo i still cant get (even with chechen's sweet video tutorial)

6. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

brabo was awesome.. but i dont try it so much now because i got in the habit of giving people the underhook too much :hs:

all i tend to do now is the basic cross collar choke

7. Optamix

Optamix New Member

:hs: Me too.

I think its more meant to be used when some one grabs the underhook from you. I was letting them have it, then if I missed the choke they escaped.

Lately I've been working on just positional dominance over submission.

8. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Link?

9. Exiled

Exiled New Member

sweep the leg