SRS Help with amphetamines

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mEds, Feb 8, 2005.

1. mEds

mEds Guest

After having my surgery on about 5 weeks ago I am ready to almost start lifting again. Needless to say I have dropped some muscle mass and fat. Due to only having class twice a week on tuesdays and thursdays I have serious procrastination problems and have needed to take hardcore stimulants like 60mg of adderall non-time release at one time in order to do my homework/study the day before tests. Yes I know Im a shithead for doing such things (as well as smoking and drinking.)

The only real solution I guess is to quit taking them (not addicted to anything yet luckily) but what can I do to get me ready for school besides staying up late the night before. I still have good grades but it is really fucking me up. Any recoverer's?
    mEds
    02-08-2005, 06:22 AM

Ironically my grades have shot up dramaticlaly since high school despite massive usage of physically "not good" things.

mEds
    02-08-2005, 06:25 AM

I have also used massive amounts of ephedrine in a day (like up to 325mg) and (1000mg caffeine) and ritalin. Could this be a borderline stimulant addiction? I definitely do not want kidney failure or heart disease anytime soon. On the plus I excercise every day but somedays eat really really unhealthy foods (but not excessive calories.)

mEds
    02-08-2005, 06:42 AM

another thing is that I was actually able to quit taking ALL stimulants except for maybe caffeine in diet soda for a month (2weeks before and after surgery) no problem; but, now I "desire" to take something every day... as I did before my surgery... :(

mEds
    02-08-2005, 06:52 AM

Sorry for the multiple posts but I first got started on these things in january 2004 when I started to lose over 100lbs of fat (and am currently 12%bodyfat) and these things are I almost feel/felt necessary to curb my hunger/give me energy for what food should be fore. However, I am so afraid and paranoid of gaining fat that I take these. Like I said I do excercise EVERY SINGLE DAY but if I don't take these sometimes the pain is so severe psychologically that I cannot control myself- which is sometimes why I take them. Even when I eat clean (salads, low fat, no sugar, slightly low carb and high protein) I still pretty much need these things. I used to be around 305lbs than went down to a pale weak 190lbs than back to a strong muscular but (small pockets of fat) 220lbs and am currently a semi-muscular 203lb 18yearold 6'04" male.

Again all help is greatly appreciated but it seemsi continue to struggle to NOT take these fucking stimulants/amphetamines. I have been able to maintain low bodyfat levels without taking pills but one day i just decided to take some and I end up taking way over the reccomended doses daily.

P.S. I am currently posting this after staying up all night doing work which is probably the reason why I am so "squirrely" right now.:hsd: :wtc:

Ok I promise last edit. I just wanted to mention since I have such a weakness for stimulants (uppers) that luckily I never have tried/hope to never try things like meth or cocaine. :sadwavey: :wtc:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  2. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

wow mang :hug: You need to ween yourself slowly off of the med's, OR seek professional help. Addiction is a hardcore thing and yes you're completely right - stay the fuck away from meth or coke.

3. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I think that if you find yourself unable to function in terms of school and work without stimulants, you should seek professional help. Perhaps you are ADHD or something else that only they may be qualified to help you with. There are ways to help yourself cope with such conditions WITHOUT the use of meds, so if you tell your doctor that you're not into taking medication, they will be able to help you more than we are able to diagnose.

As far as an addiction goes - if you find yourself unable to function without or you feel like you're afraid to face the world WITHOUT the substance, its definitely got a hold of you. Many people are afraid to quit doing drugs for a myriad of reasons. Most of the time, we're afraid of change and it seems harder in the real world without drugs. I know this sounds corny but its true.

Me, for example: I was afraid to deal with actually going to school and working and trying to talk to girls. I was afraid that if I couldn't just be the "hardcore drug dealer" kind of guy that I wanted to be, that I wouldn't really be anyone cool.

Sounds lame but in retrospect, thats really what it was. If you're afraid that you will get fat or you will fall behind in school, you've become chemically dependent. I'm interested though - do you mind sharing more about how you feel about quitting? Like... are you scared? What do you think will happen? What would you like to see? Do you think its possible? etc. Share with us and maybe we can address some of your concerns.

Btw, I'm a recovering addict as well. Cocaine was my favorite thing to do, along with a few other drugs. Its possible to recover. You can if you are willing.

4. mEds

mEds Guest

I'm interested though - do you mind sharing more about how you feel about quitting? Like... are you scared? What do you think will happen? What would you like to see? Do you think its possible? etc. Share with us and maybe we can address some of your concerns.

I am a little scared because I don't want to get a heart attack and just die or get heart disease. I think I will eventually get off them once I can call myself shredded. The adderall might be a little trickier because it helps me with school work but i think if I can be 98% confident with the way I look I will be able to stop taking alll that other shit.

5. Hay Zeus

Hay Zeus New Member

Maybe try strattera for the ADHD. First non-stimulant med developed for it. I was told it can make you tired during the day though.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  6. mEds

mEds Guest

But I don't actually have adhd... :hsd: Stimulants errrrrrrrrrrrr

7. adderall is amphetamine in the prescription form. it caused me serious health problems. I am a long term meth addict (20years). I was on adderall prescibed for a couple of years and it fucked up my insides. I graduated college 4.00 with using meth as my crutch. sounds like to me that you are already developing the pychsological dependence on stimulants. your brain produces all of the chemicals naturally that these stimulants produce. when you take stimulants, your brain will slow down and even stop naturally producing the chemicals. I have read much research concerning stimulants. nothing in life brings me pleasure, is this what you want for your life???

8. mEds

mEds Guest

Yeah, I do want pleasure in my life. But it sucks being tired and OBSESSED with your body image.:wtc: I went 5 weeks no adderall until 2 days ago :(

9. mEds

mEds Guest

yeah, i did try coke though. snorted 2 rails but i barely felt it. 30mg adderall is stronger. i guess my shit was cut like a mofo.

10. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

This is not the place to compare drugs (i.e. meth is much worse than coke). For those who have the disease of addiction, all drugs are bad, no need to compare (i.e. I did Heroine, therefore I'm a harder core drug addict.) Addicts lack fundamental self-control, therefore most addicts have found the way to recover is to surrender and admit that their life is unmanageable, with or without drugs.

11. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Ok, sounds good, keep coming back.

12. utanthony

utanthony New Member

i have the feeling that if you simply try to cut the drug use without addressing other important psychological components (body image, etc...), you will find that any drug treatment will ultimately fail.

if you want to get a good chance of kicking this problem, you are going to have to confront the issues that might have ultimately led you to take the drugs, or the issues that cause you to continue taking drugs.

try finding a psychologist in your area that has experience in treating drug dependencies, or find a reputable psychologist and ask him/her for an referal if they dont think they can help you.

best of luck.

13. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

:hs: I hear where you're coming from, but every person is different. It's a matter of not letting casual use become a daily habit where you NEED the drug to function.

14. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

yes, caffeine works just like amphetamines, i have a book on it.....

its dangerous, and continual consumption of caffeine in extremely large doses can lead to anaphylaxis, or caffeine allergy, which manifests in cognitive problems.... really ugly

amphetamines is of course worse, there are so many potential risks for developing mood instabilities.... those kind of things, and as with caffeine anaphylaxis, cognitive problems

SCARE yourself out of it. Get enough info on the consequences of long term amphetamine abuse, and it will help you to quit......