help with a new computer!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lcgurl07, May 8, 2008.

1. lcgurl07

lcgurl07 New Member

Hello
    I am not technology ffriendly at all. I know nothing about the lastest devices.I need your help.I currently am looking for a new laptop. My Mac Powerbook G4 of 2 1/2 years is dying slowly and not working. It has tons of problems spacebar not working, keys are broken, slow as hell etc. I am looking to get a new new laptop but i am not sure if i should get a pc or mac? what are the benefits of both systems. Do people prefer macs or pcs? please help me. Thanks a bunch!:)

2. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

macs are fuckin FTL. I want one only to learn about it. Other than that -- try to steer away from any computers that have vista especially if you aren't computer savvy. The interface is nice but it would be better to get something with XP. And as far as anyone giving advice about what you should buy -- wtf are your specs? Are you a college girl or a supergaming freaky bitch? We need help with what you want so that we can throw down some sort of opinion. Oh yeah, PM n00dz. :x:

3. lcgurl07

lcgurl07 New Member

i am a college girl, liberal arts major, english communications specificly. my im willing to spend 1500 or less

4. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

Fucking gay. I just wrote like two fucking paragraphs and refreshed without posting :doh: Here is a sum of my advice. You need to do your own research. Check some of these websites. They should definitely be of help. Plus im sure you are a semi-attractive girl with some nerdy friends that would do just about anything to help you out / see your bewbs that will show you the best comps online. Other than doing that check these websites.

www.tomshardware.com

www.newegg.com

That's just two right off the top of my head. there are tons more. Dont be afraid to use google.com---it is your fucking friend. Everybody is doing google nowadays--where the fuck have you been? Oh and I haven't seen newds yet :x: or even some sort of pictars/