Help with a Lil vid plz

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kirat41, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Kirat41

Kirat41 Batman Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na BATMAN! BATMAN!! OT Supporter

2. rscp1

rscp1 Guest

I don't think you can. It's a stream, not a video file that downloads onto your computer while playing. Maybe you could capture it or something.

3. Kirat41

Kirat41 Batman Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na BATMAN! BATMAN!! OT Supporter

:( dam alright thnx man i'll just try and get something from the tv and record it to a vid for my project :)

4. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

yes you can....open it with media player, then right click and check properties, if you look at the file name (hint: http://video.cgi.cbsnews.com/video/video.pl?url=/media/2004/12/30/video664109.wmv&sid=202&ad=/media/2004/11/15/video655798.wmv)

you will be given a direct link to the file itself. now that you have that theres a few ways to pull it. for example (im sure theres easier ways) deassociate wmv files from any application, then when you go to that url a window will pop up asking to save or open because it doesnt know what it is....simply save it, reassociate with media player and voila, you now have your video.

5. Ximian

Ximian New Member

You are completely wrong.

I messed around with this earlier today and I just couldn't get it. It doesn't work over HTTP, you need something that'll rip the WMV stream over mss.

What the first link is: