help wiring a JBL BP600.1

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sandwich, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Sandwich

Sandwich OT Supporter

im going to be using this amp to power 2 infinity perfect 10.1's. each sub is single voice coil 4ohm. im going to wire the subs in parallel for a 2ohm load so they get the full 600 watts from the amp.

now my question is.. im not sure how to wire the speakers to the amp. there are 2 outputs on the amp, but its a single channel? i dont understand..
    it looks like this:

speaker output: - + - +

the subs wired together in parallel would have only 2 wires (a + and a -), so where would they go?

can someone clear this up for me please :)

thanks

2. Sandwich

Sandwich OT Supporter

oh yeah one more thing.. for the speaker inputs...there are 2 of those too. i mean there are 2 sets of RCA inputs. there is a rear input and a front input. which set to i put my RCA's on? im assuming front..

3. 04

04 Guest

I believe that the outputs on the 1200.1 are wired in parallel anyways, so you could hook up both speakers to one terminal, or each woofer up to its own.

As for the RCA's, I don't know, but doesn't it tell you in the manual what to do?

4. Sandwich

Sandwich OT Supporter

i got the 600.1 though, do you know if its the same? how do you know this? i didnt see anything about that in the manual that its wired in parallel already..

thanks for the response :)

5. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

the older jbl's had it to where if you had it hooked up to only one set of inputs, it would be only 1/2 the power than if you ran Y splitters to both sets... i've been told they fixed that, but i'm not sure if it's true. couple years ago when we sold them, we'd give away a pair of Y splitters.

6. Sandwich

Sandwich OT Supporter

in the manual it says there are 2 sets of RCA inputs so that you have the option of having the same ammount of bass no matter what you have the "fade" set to on your head unit. im guessing thats why it has a front RCA input and a Rear RCA input

would it really affect the power output if i only used say that front RCA inputs? because i really dont care about the fade..i usually fade the sound to the front anyway

7. Sandwich

Sandwich OT Supporter

followup:

well i wired the RCAs to the "front input" and left the "rear inputs" with nothing.

i then wired each sub separetely to the amp...meaning sub+- to +- on amp, and same for the other one.

they sound nice i guess, but they are a little less potent than i expected. how can i tell if i'm getting the full 600 watts out of the amp? (300 to each sub)

thanks for all responses :)

8. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

go to walmart and get some Y splitters for the RCA's(you'll be looking for a pair of female to 2 males), and see if that helps. if it not it's only like $5 at walmart, put them back in the package with your receipt and get your money back.