Help:What to get?(mp3, miniHD players)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kostiw, Sep 22, 2004.

1. kostiw

kostiw Long Live The Emperor!

Well today i lost my Creative MuVo 64mg :slap:.

and i got about 100-150 bucks for somthing. dosent have to be new. i want something kinda large used for school got a few gigs of music now, plan on putting files ect on it. I have no idea what i should get with so many players on the market.

THINKING OF PURCHASEING ON EBAY - what are your thoughts on this?
    safe? not? pricing?

dont care what it is just needs to get about an hr.5 of music on it.

thoughts?

2. cassetti

cassetti New Member

only buy on ebay if you know what you are getting - buy form private sellers (at least i personally prefer to buy from private sellers -> better deals

first tip - don't get an ipod - they are the big thing right now - so the prices for even used ones makes them not worth it.

i have been doing some research (after deciding - ok - i lug my 4 pound dell inspirion 700m around with me just so i can listen to music sometimes when i'm at the library.... might as well get a huge hd mp3 player!)

if you look for something slightly older - and not popular like apple ipods - you can find a 10 gig HD player for $150 ish (i might be buying a 20 gig mp3 player thats half the size of apple's ipod 20g almost) - heck - am pretty sure i saw some Creative Zen touch hd based mp3 players - used for like $100 to $150 ish on ebay last night.

go with a hd based mp3 player if you want the space, but note - if you do shake it hard enough - it may skip or stop working temporarly.

3. cassetti

cassetti New Member

oh - if you buy on ebay - use a credit card to be more secure - that way you can always do a stop payment