Help w/ Toshiba Samsung "writemaster" dvd burner

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by G_G_L, Nov 1, 2006.

1. G_G_L

G_G_L Vote Nixon

I've had this drive for a LONG LONG time, and I only recently got around to installing it. The problem is I couldn't find the cd anywhere, and I searched and searched online @ samsung's website, but for the life of me I cannot find a freaking driver for this thing, or even where to put the jumper...
    Does anyone know of a place where I get can find the driver?
    Its a dvd+-r/rw drive model ts-h552
    Thanks for the help.

2. DaKoreanGuy

DaKoreanGuy New Member

Hm...the burner should have the jumper settings etched or stickered where the jumpers are usually. As for the drivers, Im 99.99999% sure you dont need drivers. It should read fine and the drive should pop up in my computer but you'll likely need burning software to burn cds such as Nero or use the Windows Burning GUI. Hope this helps.

3. G_G_L

G_G_L Vote Nixon

thats the thing, there is no picture :( its fucking wierd.
    does this mean anything: over the place where the jumper goes is a lil diagram etched into the drive itself. it looks like this:
    C S M
    S L A

I'm guessing the 1st one is cable select, the 2nd slave, and 3rd master?
    Question about the cable select stuff, if i set both drives to cable select, do they automatically work, or do i have to designate a master/slave?
    This is for hard drives too, since I just put 2nd drive in my pc, both the drives have cable select chosen, the 2nd drive shows up under "hardware manager" but it won't show up under My Computer
    wtf?:hsd:

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Right click My Computer and select manage. Look under Disk Management.

Cable Select is OK - personally I avoid it because I've seen it cause problems in certain scenarios. I prefer manually setting one to master and the other to slave - if one of them doesn't show up, it's pretty obvious which drive is causing the problem.

5. G_G_L

G_G_L Vote Nixon

So what does that mean for my hard drives? both are set to cable select, both show up in the device manager, yet the new one doesn't show up next to the c: drive. did I forget a step in hd installation?

6. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Try actually doing what I suggested. If you can't figure it out from there then I don't know what to say. You need to partition and format the new drive - Disk Management allows you to do that.