Help w/ Car CD Player & Burnt CD's

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Loudmouth42069, Jul 6, 2005.

1. I need some advice, moreso help playing burnt cd's in my cd player in my car. (By the way if this is in the wrong place and needs to be somewhere else like Tech forum, I apologize.) Anyways, my car cd player's and old Alpine model, and I don't even know the actual model number or series or anything like that, just an Alpine. But I do know it can play burnt cd's because I've heard it play them, but the problem is it takes forever to load/play the cd's. Like we're talking about 30 seconds all the way up to 3 minutes for it to load/play the burnt cd's. So a friend said burn the cd's slower and that should make it play instantly like store-bought cd's. But it didn't help. So lastly, is there any way that I can make the cd player play/load the cd's like store-bought ones and not take forever to load the cd's?? Any help/suggestions is definitely welcome at this point. Thanks.

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

first off burn speed shouldnt effect read speed

second, my assumption would just be that the cd player itself just reads the cds slows, especially if it can play an original fine.

:dunno:

3. travisdecpn

travisdecpn New Member

I had a cheapy aiwa deck that did the same thing, solved the problem by replacing it with my new premier 770MP.

4. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

Burn speeds can effect how well older units play burned CD's. My old deck would play CD's that were burned up to 16x just like a normal CD, but anything higher it either took several seconds to start, or gave a read error.

Try burning at around 8-16x and see if that helps, also make sure your closing the CD (no multi-session) so it's finallized as that could hurt too. I'm assuming your also using CD-R's and not CD-RW's right?

5. Yep, using cd-r's and did burn at 8x, so guess it's a new cd player to save up for now. lol