Help: Unique problem after losing weight

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Sonadoras789, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonadoras789

Sonadoras789 New Member

Senior year of high school I lost 30 pounds within 2 months (October to December). Then, the summer following senior year I lost 10 pounds. The first semester of college I lost 20 more pounds. So, I went from:
    Old:
    Waist-38'
    Shirt Size-XL
    lbs- 228

New:
    Waist-30'
    Shirt Size- M
    lbs- 173
    BMI- 12.5% (Electronic thing I did in the School Gym)
    So, I was thinking that I wanted to lose more weight to get to 150. However, I didn't realize that by losing SOOO much weight in such a short amount of time that it's not really "fat" I need to lose...it's the skin. My skin never shrunk down because I lost weight too fast, so now I can pull it really far away from my skin (after my ribs my stomach goes in and then goes out and then comes back to my waist). And my middle back, I can pull the skin off it and grab a handful. Now, no one can really tell me what I'm supposed to do. Am I supposed to tone up and eat less? Or, am I supposed to lose weight and then tone up?

Cliffs: I lost a lot of weight REALLY fast and now have LOTS of excess skin. Friends don't know what to do to fix it and they told me it looked like surgery would be only way to fix it.

2. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

gain muscle

3. Sonadoras789

Sonadoras789 New Member

Now, if I gained muscle wouldn't I have to be really big because of the already stretched skin?

4. Finest

Finest OG #93

It'll eventually shrink over time.

5. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

6. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

neg

surgery is the only option

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/excess_skin_removal_after_extreme_weight_loss/article_em.htm

7. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

8. Sonadoras789

Sonadoras789 New Member

I went to both of those websites and I don't look like those pictures. I was 17 -19 when I lost the weight. My skin is not that loose and the only way you can tell is when you grab it and pull it away.

9. Finest

Finest OG #93

Guy is only about 19-20 yrs old. And he only lost 60lbs or so within 2 years time, which isn't all that extreme. If he keeps it off and doesn't yo-yo back from 230 to 150, I don't see why his skin couldn't shrink back over time (a few years time, of course).

Hell, I go from 265 to 225 within a year, and aside from a few stretch marks, my skin doesn't hang loose at all.

10. Sonadoras789

Sonadoras789 New Member

Oh, and during the time of losing weight, I got really tall. So, when I was 228 I was between 5'5 to 5'6. And then after losing the first thirty pounds I was like 5'7 and then now after losing the other 30 pounds I'm 5'9. Would that be a problem?

11. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Give it time... I helped a kid lose 65lbs over 4 months (he was 18 at the time) and like you he had lose skin and again like you, it was really only apparent when you pull at it. For awhile it did tighten up to where his abs were almost visible... unfortunately since then he let himself go and went back up to 195lbs.:hs:
    Age is definitely on your side. Its good you did something about it now. Congrats on the weight loss, by the way. And don't focus on the 150lbs....seriously try to build some lean mass.

12. Sonadoras789

Sonadoras789 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.