help to hook up my PC to my TV

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iridewheelies, Aug 7, 2007.

1. iridewheelies

iridewheelies down to ride?

i'm trying to get my TV to work with my PC so I can watch movies. I have a ATI X800 video card which has a svideo output. my LCD has a svideo input so i'm good there. ATI has a program called ATI catalyst. the program recognizes the TV but the only way i can see what's on my PC's is when i make my TV the primary source. and when i do this, my PC's monitor is blank/black.

is there any programs out there that would let me have my PC's monitor on and also have the TV on? or aleast have the TV as a clone? please help me....:x:

2. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

hmmm. I have a dell laptop with an s vid out. I have integrated graphics by intel and I can choose from a ton of options...either to clone the display or extend the desktop....and I can choose whether the tv or notebook is the primary device. so I would say the options are there, you may just have to dig for them

3. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

I have an x800 as well and I have no problem choosing both. Just set it up so it is displaying the same image on both screens. I'm at my work right now but i'll mess with it when I get home and try and remember how I did it awhile back.

4. iridewheelies

please help me. :x:

are you using the same program as me? did you ever have the same problem where the PC's monitor would go blank/black but you're able to see stuff on the TV?

5. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

I have an older ATI that I used to do this with, with SVideo as well. I told it to extend my desktop onto my TV and that was a second monitor deal, I could drag movies over to that and full screen them ...

6. iridewheelies

what programs are u guys using? i'm using ATI catalyst and that thing sucks. or it could me user error.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

ati drivers are disgusting.

8. cc00gt

cc00gt Foosballin'

:werd: