Help Scottwax!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scuba, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Scuba

Scuba New Member

Hi ScottWax. I live in the Arlington/Grand Prairie area. I was wondering if you just detail like expensive cars or if you do all cars? I have a 1998 Dodge Ram truck, and if you do detail these about how much do you think it would cost? It's a black, single cab truck. It has swirl heaven on it and I can't find the Meguiar's Dual Action Polish/Cleaner to do it myself. Do you sell it, because I can't order it online, because I have no credit card? One more question.... This is probably a stupid question, but is there something I can put on my truck to keep the dust off it, besides a cover or a duster. I wash it and everything and the very next day when I wake up it is full of dust.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Depending on the swirls, about $100-120. If you just want the outside done, then $75 to 90. You can get Dual Action at Progressive Surface Care in Dallas on Lombardy Lane (near Loop 12 and Northwest Highway about a 1/2 mile north of the AMC Grand). I don't have their number off hand, but they are in the phone book under car wash supplies or detailing suppliers.

As far as dust goes, try Clearkote's Quikshine. You can get it at that ricer shop at Six Flags Mall (next to Suncoast). Since I started using it as my quick detailer, I have much less dust on my car each day.

3. Scuba

Scuba New Member

OK thanks. I might stop in by your place if I can find it.