Help...replaced motherboard...new problem.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LBZ, Jan 21, 2004.

1. LBZ

LBZ Not Me = Not a problem

Ok, I had a bad motherboard. Replaced it, moved CPU over and powered it up. Problem is that everything powers up, LED's, Fans, etc... but no video, and power/reset button don't do anything. It does this with everything installed, and with just the CPU & Memory installed. What did I screw up? :wtc:

2. LBZ

Anybody?

3. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo Guest

Did you set the BIOS on the new board? :dunno:

4. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

well most boards wont boot without a video card in them anyway so thats not a good way to test. I would say that somehow your vid card got fried so maybe try it with a different one? Otherwise something is shorting do you have nonconductive spacers between board and case? also i assume youre trying them with the ide cables unplugged

5. LBZ

I haven't done anything with the Bios other than look at the Jumpers - which are set into the default/normal mode.

I have tried the power with all the cables unplugged (IE just the processor, & memory installed), as well as everything hooked up and gotten the same results both times.

I have never replaced a motherboard, so I'm probably missing a crucial step or something...