Help - Porsche Cams???

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by pookrat, Jan 19, 2004.

1. pookrat

pookrat OT Supporter

I gotta friend that bought a '87 944 S a while back. Was running great. He didn't realize that the Timing Belt Tensioner was loose. Somehow, a few teeth broke off of the Sprockets on both of the Cam Shafts. Checked around and these CAMS are hard to find. You can get them from Porsche for like $1700. Thats more than half of what he gave for the car.

If anyone knows where to get a set of CAMs cheap, used or not, there could be some money in it for you. Junkyard, Friends wrecked ride, aftermarket??? Just trying to help a friend out. Might have to end up buying a whole nother car just for parts...

2. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Welcome to the world of Porsche.

Would he consider something aftermarket if they're cheaper?

3. pookrat

pookrat OT Supporter

Anything. Couldn't really find anything aftermarket either.

If you can find ANYTHING at a decent price, he should be able to pay you for it and compensate you for your time. I would need to get back in touch with him to make sure no one else has found anything for him yet.

Remember though, this is the '87 944 S. Has DOHC. And he needs both cams with the sprockets in good shape.

Thanks ahead of time if you can find something.

4. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

5. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Sorry bro, but I can't find anything. I thought FVD might have some cams for that engine, but nope.

Odd thing is, I can get hime a freakin' nearly complete 944 S Engine for about $2000. Why can't I find just the cams? I have no idea. :o