Help please with my Laptop

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by vegeoku, Mar 18, 2005.

1. vegeoku

vegeoku New Member

I have a big problem with my laptop. Lately when I start up I get this error messsage:

The instruction at "0x7c93426d" referenced memory at "0xffffffff." The memory could not be "read"

I'm not an expert at computers so I don't know what this means. I just press ok and it goes away and everything seems to work normal. Its had that error for a month or two probably, been a while. But now I can't even start up my computer bacause I get a blue screen and this error....

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

KERNEL_DATE_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your compter. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or doftware. Disable DIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart you computer, press F8 to selevt Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000007A (0xE1967D58, 0x000000E, 0xBF9245F4, 0x00c29860)

*** win32k.sys - Adress BF924(5F4...?) DateStamp 41107f7a

At the end it shut down before I could get it all.

I get that screen. Does anyone know what is happening. I didn't install any hardware or any software, well my mom might have installed soemthing but I don't know what. Should I just send it back to the manufacturer and see if I can get a new one? Or is there something I can do to it to jsut fix it.

2. Keyzs

Keyzs OT Supporter

What OS?

When did you do your last Windows update?

3. vegeoku

vegeoku New Member

Windows XP SP2 is my OS and uhh a few months? I've been trying to get on to do an update but it wont start up.

Ok I just started it up and its doing a check on ym file systems. Maybe this fixes it. Peice of shit, isn't the first time its broken >_<

EDIT: OK it seems to have fixed itself. Looking on MS updates, it seems like I have everything new installs. So I dunno

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  4. Keyzs

Keyzs OT Supporter

Sounds like you need to reformat.
    If you have already done a reformat, I would guess you have a hardware issue.