help planning a new diet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ass_kicker32, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

Ok, Ive read the faqs and have an idea on what I should be doing, but I have an extraordinary scenerio.

Im 5'10 210lbs with a big build (34-36" waist but 46" chest) . Ive got a strong core and used to lift alot of weights. Ive always been fairly active. Sports two or three times a week. Anyway, I changed my diet and started trying to cut. I dropped weights, for the most part and am focusing on cardio. I run 3-5 miles 3+ times a week, as well as train jiu jitsu 2-3 times a week. Ive dropped close to 30 pounds to get where I am in around three months, but Ive kind of plateaud.

Now, my diet is about 3000 calories per day, and most days, I burn closer to 4000. My fat intake is relatively low, but my carb intake is high (vegetarian). I try to eat eggs, cheese, nuts, beans, et al, to get my protein up as much as possible. Im eating better, but my weight has stayed the same. Im getting smaller all around and losing mass in general, due to the less weights, but thats what I want now.

Can someone please look at what I am thinking for my proposed diet (NOT DIETICIAN) and offer some thoughts on what I should be cutting out to drop to 185 (planned fighting weight). Put Water in here with every meal

Monday
    Morning run
    Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with 1/4 cup cheese - two pieces of whole wheat toast and light butter
    coffee

Lunch - Black bean burrito with rice and fresh salsa

snack - 1 cup walnuts/almonds/goji berries

Dinner - 4 cups pasta with fresh tomato sauce

Tuesday
    breakfast - wheat bagel with 2 tbsp cream cheese
    coffee

Lunch - veggie sandwich on whole wheat (light mayo, olive oil, avocado)

Snack - Banana or other fruit

Dinner - protein shake, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 cups rice

90 minutes training at gym

Wednesday
    Morning run
    breakfast - 2 banana, 2 cups breakfast cereal with soy milk
    coffee

Lunch - three tacos (shrimp or blackbean)no cheese, fresh salsa, cabbage

Snack - 1.5 cups corn or tortilla chips (not fried) and salsa

Dinner - quesadilla (1/2 cup cheese and two flour tortillas) and 1 cup potato (salad, fried) or 1 baked potato wth 1tbsp sour cream and fresh salsa

Thursday
    Breakfast - pastry (not croissant. Muffin)
    coffee

Lunch - Soup (pasta or veggie. no cream, no cheese no meat) and 2 pieces of whole wheat bread

Snack - 1 cup crackers

Dinner - Protein shake, 12 oz tofu cubed and stir fried over 2 cups rice with peppers and onions

Training

Friday
    Breakfast - Burrito with two eggs, cheese and fresh salsa. 1 cup mixed fruit

Lunch - veggie burger, one slice of cheese (1tsp light mayo and 1 tsp ketshup) and 2 cups french fries

snack - 1 banana or other fruit

dinner - two slices of cheese pizza and spinach salad (oil and vinegar) with two eggs

Saturday
    Breakfast - Pastry (muffin) and coffee

Training

Lunch (later than normal due to training) - veggie sandwich on whole wheat (light mayo, olive oil, cheese)

Dinner - 3 cups pasta with 2 tbsp butter and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Sunday
    Breakfast - 3 egg omlette with cheese, salsa or fresh veggies

Lunch - quesadilla and 2 pieces (or 2 cups) fresh fruit

afternoon jog

Dinner - pad thai, tofu stir fry, or veggie stir fry.

I mean, there are some misc calories in there. I take soy milk with my coffee and my measurements are rough... Also, some times there may be a cookie or so in there with my daughter. And many of those meals will switch days. The only thing I focus on is getting more protein than normal on teh days I train.

Bear in mind, that I am also not lifting weights much, except the little I do with my jiu jitsu training.

Thoughts? :dunno:

2. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

more protein, less carbs

3. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

Hard to do with a veggie diet.

Is it really that important? Should I take up fish?

4. Plan B

Plan B New Member

What are your reasons for being a vegitarian? :rofl:

5. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

eat a lot of fish, eggs and whey protein/cottage cheese

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Punch in all your food on fitday.com and see what your total macros and calorie intake are for the diet you posted. With the high carb intake you should be good with even 1g of protein/ lb of bodyweight or even slightly lower. Still you're going to need to make sure you're in a calorie deficit to lose the weight which can be done either through diet or combo of diet and activity. Just wondering where you're getting the 4000 calories burned per day or is that a typo?

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Why the hell would you stop lifting weights :ugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.