help out yall

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by quadracer420, Dec 3, 2006.

1. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

allright so i have one 15" L7 solobaric, im looking for serious bass, what kind of box should i put it in? a friend had some 12's i dont remember the brand in two sealed boxes and they hit ok, then her got this one box with like a plexy glass cover over the subs and it was ported and damn then they came alive!! so im wondering if i should get another L7 and find a box like this? any ideas please. when ppl talk about tuning there subs what does that mean?

2. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

Have a reputable shop design a ported eclosure to that subwoofer.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

do the largest enclosure you have room for according to the specs in the kicker manual. you won't be dissapointed

4. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

ok, so ported or sealed? how do i "tune" the subs or box or whut ever people talk about ? how about amp choice? i herd these are under rated like i think its rated at 1000 but could easly handle 12-1400? i thought about goin kicker amp cuz i had it hook up to a 1000 watt sony amp :nono: . thanks guys

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

is it dual 4 or dual 2 ohm voice coil? sub box tuning is the design of the port. they can be tuned very low or somewhere in the middle. if you do a ported box, then 800 watts will be fine. if you do a sealed, you can go up around 1000-1200. make sure that you have enough power (voltage/current) to back up whatever amp you go with. solobarics HATE distortion.