GUN Help/Opinions on the Remington 1100?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Polaris30, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Polaris30

Polaris30 Hmmmmm......

One of my friends dad has a Remington 1100 that he bought 6 years ago and never shot once. We took it out the other day and it was in gorgeous condition. I have two 870s but a nice semi-auto would be cool to have. He said he would sell it to me for $450. It also comes with a 20in. slug barrel with sights and a few other extras such as a gun case and it has all the chokes. Anyone have any advice or whatever on if this is a good deal and/or opinions on the 1100. Thanks.

2. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I want one. I have been using a Browning A-5, but the Remington lines are so much nicer.
    What would you use it for? Unless you are doing a lot of shooting, (trap, Dove), the 870's would probably do you as good. Plus the pumps are usually lighter.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i'd guess that's a fair enough-to-good price for what you're describing. There are lots of different packages for the 1100 of varying value, so i couldn't give a quote in gold. But if you like it, it doesn't sound like you'd be overpaying.

For the money spent, the 1100 is a great semi-auto shotgun.

4. Polaris30

Polaris30 Hmmmmm......

Cool Thanks. I would be using it for hunting dove and quail probably but I also love trap shooting. Since its only chambered for 2 3/4 shells it doesnt have that much versatility but I have my 870 that is chambered for 3 1/2 shells. I have heard from lots of people that its a good deal so I think I will get it from him.