GUN Help on determaining value of a S/W .30+p special.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aaron74, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

Help on determaining value of a S/W .38+p special.

I've got a MINT, Smith and Wesson .38+P Special, Airweight 442 1-7/8 5 shot revolver. And I was just wondering what it's value was. I'm looking to get a slightly used Ruger P90 Decocker and if I can trade that gun alone at the gun show for one that would just be awesome.

I saw some Rugers yesterday going for about 350.00$, mildly used.

Is this gun worth it?? Thanks for the help,

-Aaron :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2004
  2. Garbage.

3. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

My G/F's dad has a Ruger P90, and I like it. I want one just for bull-shit shooting and targeting around. Nothing serious or anything. If I want something nice i've got my Kimber Stainless II.

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Thanks for showing you know nothing about guns. I have a P-89T and Rugers are rock solid reliable, overbuilt guns that are a steal for the value you get, I paid $340 new for mine. They WILL last forever, people on RugerForum have 20-30k+ rounds through them and they are just like new. I know its bandwagon to trash a gun because it doesnt cost as much, if you are really considering check out http://www.rugerforum.com and they can give you info on any model and what you should look out for.

5. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

Sweat.
    The thing I like about the P90 that my g/f dad has, is that it's really light. it's comfortable and easy to handle and use.

I'm interested in getting rid of this .38. Smith and Wesson.com says that my 442 model retails for 580.00$. So, I guess I got a good deal on that since I traded a FEG PMK-380 for it at the gunshow yesterday. And I got the 380 for 75.00$ from a pawn shop.

What I'm mainly out to see is if that S/W would be a fair trade for the P90 I want (which retails at about 550.00$)
    [​IMG]

-Aaron

6. Y2kAccord

you ought to check out the new Ruger P-345 its a .45 and completely redesigned, it runs in the low 400 range, but looks pretty sharp

7. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

I don't really like the look of the P345. It's cool, but I like the P90.

About trading or selling, I went to some local stores and they don't really want to trade any decent semi for it. And they only offered me 215.00$ for it since i don't have the case and manual for it.
    And trading, I've found a couple of people, but they didn't really want to give me anything worth it. I would take anything decent, be it a .45 or 9mm. But most of the people I've talked to wanted to trade me some ol' rusted POS that really isn't comparable to how clean the .38 is. The .38 is mint and most of them wanted to trade something with a lot of rust or nasty looking blue on the gun. I'm just looking for someone who trade a clean gun for mine. I don't really care what model...

all well. I'll have to wait for another big gun show.

8. areed89

areed89 New Member

I absolutely LOVE when guys spew this about their wonderruger, then the gun jams up because they were too stupid to scrape that lame orange sticker off the mags:) I've never met a person with a ruger autoloader that could handle their weapon properly, and I've met alot of ruger people.....

9. Y2kAccord

My gun has never had any problems jamming and has been rock solid reliable going on 1500rds, its only about a year old. How hard is it to handle a weapon properly? What do you mean by that?

10. Y2kAccord

Is this what it looks like

[​IMG]

If it wasnt so small I would consider buying it..

11. areed89

areed89 New Member

Wayyy to much goes into that to even start. BTW I wasn't saying your ruger isn't reliable, just saying it's hilarious when guys have that problem with the sticker:)

12. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

It's soo funny when people get all pissy when you call their gun a POS. It is like you are calling their kid ugly or something.

13. areed89

areed89 New Member

They should change all CZ pistol model names to CZ-B52. Because that's what they look like when the POS mags they make break, a B52 dropping a bunch of little bombs.:ugh:

14. Y2kAccord

When the people on here think the gun that they have is the only gun that is a good gun and everything is crap , that just shows the stupidity, the majority of the guns on the market are quality reliable guns in different price ranges

15. areed89

areed89 New Member

Some of us just like to be able to sqeeze as much perfomance out as is possible, you can spot us by the fact that we don't get all girly when someone makes fun of the model of gun we like.:ugh:

16. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Look who's talking you jerk off

17. Y2kAccord

Yeah I say all the time that Glock, Taurus, S&W, Springfield etc are really good guns, along wither many other types of guns including Ruger etc I have not made posts about how my Walther P99 > *.* and say every other type of gun is crap.. I see that you got who the post was "aimed" at

18. Y2kAccord

It just gets annoying when you are like my gun is the best and only gun.. every other gun on the face of the earth is cheap crap that is not as good as my gun.. I am soo cool because you dont have my gun you are not a good person and you own a crap gun.. its stupid and childish, its ok to brag about your gun and promote it, its the constant bashing of every other gun manu known to man that is annoying

Plat Thun is worse than a 3rd grader braging about how is trapper keeper binder is better than everyone elses

19. areed89

areed89 New Member

I have never once said my gun was the best, hell I don't think I've even said what pistol I even use. But I agree that P_T is the biggest walther nazi ever:)

20. ryanbum

Well here is a pic of the biggest piece of shit in my collection :fawk:

[​IMG]

21. Platinum_Thunder

That's like the only HK I like...very sweet little firearm

22. ryanbum

I thought I'd never hear that from you but thanks. I enjoy P7's I have 2 M13's and a M8. The one in the pic has a custom titanium compensator and trigger that were made on a special machine in NASA. The trigger is just so fucking sweet like a thin glass rod breaking behind your finger.

23. Platinum_Thunder

Seem like a nice carry gun :dunno:

Kinda pricey though :hs:

24. Y2kAccord

My Comments were directed mostly towards him.. and we are in agreement then with the Walthers

25. ryanbum

Well all I know is that Walthers are wanna be H&K....:fawk: that's for you P_T!!! J/K