help needed with win 2k pro

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by altoids1121, Feb 23, 2005.

1. altoids1121

altoids1121 New Member

i have been using a laptop (toshiba protege 7200) with windows 2000 for the past 2-3 years, and a couple of months ago, i started to have problems with it. (by the way, i have SP4)

first off, internet explorer crapped out on me, and whenever i would use it, the pages would not load. i tried to update it, but the problem is the same.

then i switched to netscape 7.2. everytime a page would take a long time to load, either netscape would freeze or the entire computer would freeze

and as of a couple of weeks ago, i tried to open up itunes, and i would get a program error saying: "itunes.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."
    i have also gotten the same message for windows media player and quicktime, and netscape, when it crashes.

if anyone would be able to help, i would greatly appreciate it.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

1st step is wipe your computer clean and start over. You'll have to transfer your docs to CD or another computer. Do not whine and complain that you don't want to because any other advice you get from here will take you longer than just starting from scratch.

3. altoids1121

altoids1121 New Member

i figured that it would come to that, i just wanted to know if there was anything else i would be able to do. so i guess i'll start doing that
    thanx for the advice prelude