Help Needed - Radio and Dashboard Clock NOT working

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MitzEclipse, Jul 29, 2003.

1. MitzEclipse

MitzEclipse Member

Help Needed - Radio and Dashboard Clock NOT working

Hi All,

I'm going to be as detailed as possible to try to narrow down this problem. I was driving around noon today making some errands and while I was driving I decided to turn on the radio full blast (I just got it) to play with it. Suddenly, the radio shut off and wouldn't turn back on. I also noticed the dashboard clock stopped working as well.

I immediately stopped and thought it was the fuse, so I pulled the radio fuse (15A) and it wasn't blown. I checked some other fuses and none of them were blown.

I tested my headlights, power mirrors, power locks, blinkers, etc... they all work. The only thing that I think doesn't work is the dashboard clock and the radio.

My friend and I installed the radio about 3 weeks ago without any problems. All wire connections were cleanly made and crimped with butt connectors. I don't think it's a short, but I didn't have time to pull the radio out. I don't even know how to check for a short other then to ensure the wires aren't touching each other.

I have a 1995 Acura Integra Special Edition and if it makes any difference the radio I have is an Alpine CDA-7875. I also have zero mods done to my car - it's bone stock. That includes the stereo system; no amp, no speakers, all original oem stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I didn't check under the hood, but I really thought it was just a fuse...

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. MitzEclipse

MitzEclipse Member

Thanks, but I figured it out - it was a blown fuse in the fuse box under the hood on the pass. side near the firewall. 7.5 amp fuse, labeled "backup".