HELP! - Micro SD Card and Verizon Cell Phone Problem!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by EatTheMeek, Mar 1, 2008.

1. EatTheMeek

EatTheMeek New Member

I have Verizon & Samsung's A930 phone, and I picked up a SD card and a card reader for it the other day and I already formatted it to the phone, and I am able to transfer, files to the card no problem my_music works fine and plays the songs in the music player.

BUT...

When I put songs under my_sounds (so I can set them as ringtones) the files will go onto the card, but when I go to check them out of the phone it says no files are there...

I've been messing around with this for a while now and I'm not getting anywhere.

If anyone could help me out with this that'd be great, because I'm lost.

Thanks

2. TMF

TMF coming soon to chicagoland...

depends on a few things...
    what type of file are they?...did you already cut down the songs to be ringtones?
    I'm pretty sure that they can only be a certain length/size to be set as a ringtone.

either that or verizon is being gay like they usually are and blocking you from putting free ringtones on your phone:fawk:

just like they block you from transferring pics/ringtiones using bluetooth between two phones.

go t mobile!

3. EatTheMeek

EatTheMeek New Member

Yeah I cut the songs down to length avg. of 25 secs, nothing over 30 secs
    and for the sizes I had them around 200 - 400KB

I tried it with mp3, wma

Yeah Verizon is lame about anything to do with media and your phone.

still don't understand why it reads the my_music folder and those files but doesn't read the my_sounds folder's files