Help me with my iPhone

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by phoenix1105, Mar 14, 2010.

1. phoenix1105

phoenix1105 OT Supporter

So I got the medium level iphone that lets you do dial by voice, and all kinds of cool shit. Since it didnt come with a manual, I am at a dead end trying to load a new ring tone. I have the ring tones in M4R format on my computer. So the question is how do I get the ring tone to the phone's ringer?

I am really getting tired of hearing the worthless ringtones it came with, so I have to change it.... Any help would be great.

2. gergrx7

gergrx7 Hate it or Love it

just click them on your computer they should open up in itunes and be loaded in the ringtones section

3. M.B.Graphics

M.B.Graphics New Member

If that doesn't work, just open itunes, then drag and drop them into the top section of iTunes where it says "Ringtones" That should be all. Make sure when you plug in your iPhone that it actually syncs to it, if it doesnt then you will have to click on your iphone in itunes under where it says "devices" then click one of the tabs at the top (Summary, applications, music, movies ect...) and find the ringtones, make sure you have it checked off to sync, if it's not, then check it and press sync at the bottom right corner, that should be it. Hope this helps :)

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Trade it in for a Windows Mobile phone, plug it into your computer using a normal $2 USB cable, and copy some mp3s into the My Ringtones folder. Done!

5. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

How do you create an iPhone ringtone from an mp3 song on your computer? I want to take the first 12 seconds of the song and loop it?

6. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

Go into the song info, then go to the tab where you can define a start and end time. Set those to the appropriate section. Then OK. Then right click and choose convert to MP3. Rename that to m4r and I think that's about it.

Re-import that file as a m4r so it appears in your ringtones tab and sync you device.

Or use an online server that you can upload and crop the song. Then download a m4r directly.

7. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

:bigthumb: Thanks for your help, I will try this when I get home today :)

8. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

LOL...that's the only thing I miss about WinMO.

...the only thing.

9. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

windows mobile :rofl: