A&P help me with my car photography

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Milin, May 2, 2005.

1. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ibserverrape.

thx to everyone from s2ki.com and many thanks to Josh for letting me shoot pics of his car and for serving our country in Iraq for an entire year. Welcome home!
    Also thanks to Jake Diehl at Dieman motor sports (www.diemanmotorsports.com) for putting together richards s/c and tuning it.
    Richard is making [email protected] wheels in the silver car. Suspension is TEIN FLEX.
    WRX is making 260.

I want you guys to be helpful so I can get better. These were good looking cars show at a show so I worked with what I had and the lenses in my arsenal.

2. SpiderOnTheFloor

SpiderOnTheFloor New Member

are those film? they all look a little dark

3. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

i edited the contrast and stuff in photoshop. I think my monitor may not display things correctly hence why things look good to me and bad to others? i have an OLLLLLLD flat panel.

4. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

Looks like the sun is out in full force, that is a no-no.
    Your stance is too normal, get more creative angles.

5. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

yeah...it was the only time I could really shoot the show. It was from 12-4 so horrible time to shoot anyway.

I really want to get more shots of the veilside at dusk on one of the roads leading up to the place.

Creative angles? ....hmm....I'll try that next time! like are the getting down low shots played out now or are they still cool?

what about ricer angle shots?

6. XtremeSaturn

XtremeSaturn New Member

get a polarizer if you can. It helps kill the glare for situations like this but you still can't expect great shots shooting during mid-day unless it's a tad overcast. Work on the angles and realize there's only so much you can do at a car show. You're stuck with cars close to each other, people walking in/out of the shots, uncontrollable (for the most part) lighting, etc.

7. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

a few of the shots in here I had a polarizer on, however I don't know which ones had and which ones did not have it in place for it.

I do notice now, looking back, that the polarized shots came out a lot better.

thx for the suggestion :bowdown:

Shooting shows is tough. I need to get a press pass so at least I can walk around and take shots when nobody else is around.

8. XtremeSaturn

XtremeSaturn New Member

Depending on the show, that can be tougher than shooting the cars. I've bee fortunate enough to do some freelance for a friend of mine's car magazine and man what a difference it makes....especially at the sport compact type events (NOPI, HIN, etc). Being right next to the stage makes for some nice shots as opposed to back in the crowd with people putting their hands up for shirts and the likes.

You rotating the polarizer around to kill most of the glare? Also, a lot of people will use a tripod and take two shots with the polarizer in different spots. You'll probably look like a dork (been there done that) but your shots will come out much better.

9. sony

sony Active Member

:werd:

10. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

I was also told to shoot higher Fstop than 16 in order to get the sky to come out.

ive had to use the magic wand select tool and up the saturation on the sky or just play with contrast and saturation.
    i like contrasty images, but I'd rather have them come out the way I want striaght from the camera.

I ALWAYS carry my Bogen Tripod (used to use it for film i.e. movie work) and I carry a dorky camera backpack so looking like a dork is of no object :)

what f - stops are good for sunny bright days to get the sky to come out a nice bright blue? I was shooting at ISO 100 and F16 most of the day.