Help me with a training program

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by matt86, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt86

matt86 New Member

How should I train for this test?

I've been lifting for about 1 1/2 years and am about 5ft 9in and weight in at 209lbs with around 10-15% bodyfat. I'm applying for a position as a law enforcement officer soon and part of the application process will be the physical test. I have six months to prepare and the test consists of:

1. The applicant will start seated in a patrol vehicle with a seatbelt on and hands on the steering wheel. The applicant will be given a street intersection to remember, for example, Oak and Elm Street.
    2. The applicant will run 100 yards to an orange cone, circle it and return to the vehicle.
    3. Once returning to the vehicle, the applicant will lift a 150 pound dummy off the hood of a vehicle.
    4. The applicant will then drag the dummy 50 feet backwards.
    5. The applicant will sit the dummy down and run a set of steps three times, being sure to touch every step.
    6. The applicant will exit steps to the left after the third set of steps and will push through a metal door that has a 50-pound weight attached to it by a pulley.
    7. The applicant will then complete 10 sit-ups followed by 10 push-ups. The applicant must use correct form for each repetition. In the up position, the applicant must keep back straight and lock elbows at the top of the movement. In the down position, the applicant's chin must touch spotter's fist while keeping body off the ground.
    8. The applicant will return to the steps to run three more times touching every step.
    9. The applicant will crawl through a 40-foot culvert.
    10. Once exiting the culvert, the applicant will complete 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups.
    11. The applicant will then run 100 yards to an orange cone and 100 yards and 50 feet back to the steps to grab the 150-pound dummy.
    12. The applicant will grab the 150-pound dummy and drag backwards 50 feet to the front of the vehicle.
    13. The applicant sits the dummy on the ground and recites the street intersection given to the applicant at the start of the test, i.e. Oak and Elm Street.
    14. The test is over unless the applicant fails to recall the street intersection, in which case, the applicant must then run 100 yards around the cone and back to the vehicle to end the test.

I will be timed and a good time will help my chances. Thanks to anyone who will help me out.. I'm not looking for flames from those of you who don't like the police.. just input on how to train for this. Thanks to everyone.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  2. getjacked

getjacked Guest

u don't even need to train for that

3. matt86

matt86 New Member

Thats what I was asking.. Sorry if i wasn't clear the first time. I was wondering if i should train by doing sprints or long distance stuff.

4. matt86

matt86 New Member

I think what I am going to try to do is get to the point where I can sprint 2 miles

5. getjacked

getjacked Guest

:rofl: good luck with that one

6. phish

phish hockey crew

I think you need a good bit of endurance :dunno:

7. getjacked

getjacked Guest

it's a couple 100 yard runs from what I see? That doesn't take much in the form of endurance... and judging by the cops we have out there, it shows.

8. matt86

matt86 New Member

And I'm not one of them. In my 1 1/2 years I probly haven't missed more than 3 weeks at the gym.

9. matt86

matt86 New Member

Werd... I just don't know how I should approach this. Maybe start doing a lot of 100 yard sprints?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.