Help me with a "diet."

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Panoptimist, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

I'm 17. I'm 5'11"-6'. I weigh 132 lbs.

I do a lifting ruitine to build up muscle, but I'd like to put on some weight. I don't like looking skin and bones. I don't eat very healthy (I don't think), at least I could be eating a lot better. I eat far too much sugar and junk food.

Can you tell me some foods that would help me put on lbs, and keep me healthy. I'm ready to change my food-eating habits for the better. Any help would be appreciated.

2. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

3. lif

lif New Member

Eat 4000 calories a day, try to get about 1.3-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, and try to make sure this food isn't pizza and mcdonalds. It would be a lot better if it was sandwiches, pasta, rice, etc. Try to take a multi vitamin a day if you aren't a fan of fruits and vegetables.

Take a protein shake with two glasses of milk in the morning (whey for the initial protein synthesis boost, casein in the milk to sustain it) and one at night for the same reason.

For you're post workout shake, take it with water and drink two glasses of something high in glycemic carbs, like gatorade, fruitopia, etc.

The insulin helps absorb protein quickly into your blood stream, and you need protein the most post workout. The high gylcemic carbs help to restore depleted glyocgen levels in your muscles and liver.

Drink a lot of water everyday.

This is the basics of bulking.

4. Panoptimist

Thanks a lot. That's what I needed to hear. Is snacking healthy throughout the day? Should I be eating high carbs/protein for lunch and dinner?

5. lif

lif New Member

Yea snacking throughout the day is good, try not to make it sugary things, snacking is a chance to get some fruit in your system. I take two bananas and an apple with me everyday to school (or try to)

And ya, basically all your meals should be high carbs and proteins, with brekfast being your biggest.

I eat about 1200 calories for breakfast :o

Edit: Oh, and by the way, this isn't necessarily "healthy" eating, this is meant to put on weight assuming your lifting weights, if not, this will just put on a lot of fat quick. I'm assuming you're lifting as well?

6. Panoptimist

Damn, I really appreciate all the responses and help. I guess my biggest insecurity is my "scrawniness." I am lifting as well, I do a ruitine every other day. Upper and lower. Not too complex, but a ruitine nonetheless. And lcause, your case is motivation enough. It's just usually, I have such a hard time building up an appetite. I can go all day without a breakfast or lunch. I mean, if I start eating a lot, I think my appetite will slowly increase, no?

7. Panoptimist

That's exactly like me. Maybe there's hope for my skinny ass afterall.

Can anyone recommend some good foods that they have enjoyed?

8. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Jesus. :ugh:

9. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.